Plc

ok fine,
I have seen posts, but if I need to buy software and programing cable to download this plc program. But I have to work.
My operating system is windows7and 64 bit.

Medoc has been dis-continued many years ago but I believe it still can be obtained however, It will not work on Win7 or above I believe it can be used on XP in a DOS box the later Mitsubishi programming software will not support that model I believe.
EDIT: I have just looked at an older post and someone suggests GXDeveloper and SC09 Cable will work as they claim it is identical to the FX2N, It may work but it depends if it has the same programming interface as the FX2N i.e. 8 pin mini din (RS422) or the 25 pin connector the SC09 proper cable has both i.e. it has 232 to 25 pin and an adapter from 25 pin to 8 pin mini din. The GXDeveloper works on Win 7 or 10
Here is the link to the old post
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=33989

Last edited:
Open up GXdeveloper to the screen you want, press print Screen key on your keyboard (this is often a key on the top line of the keyboard possibly a function key and will be probably called "PrtSc" it might be a shift + that key or "Fn" + that key etc. then open up paint or some other picture painting program and paste it in. then save it with a name i.e. myscreenshot.jpg.
When you reply to this thread, below the text box you will see 3 boxes one says "attach files", press the key it then brings up a window to allow you to select files , upload the files you want (there is a limit on size and amount) then submit reply

My snapshot.jpg

First thing I noticed is you are using Com1, is this correct as if you are on Win10 and do not have a legacy port built in you may be using a USB to 232 converter, if the driver is installed correctly then it would probably default to Com3. So what communication interface are you using? is it SC09 cable and USB to 232 converter etc. Also I noticed the default Baud rate is set to 115kb I think you would be best to change this to 9600 to start with.
It also looks like you have no project loaded, normally you create a new empty project like FX2N then go to the transfer set up configure your communications and upload the code. So to be clear we need to know what operating system you are using i.e. XP, Win7, Win10, Have you got a built in 232 port, what cable are you using etc, however, I cannot be sure if that clone will have the same com interface there are versions (copies) of the FX range that use 232 so they are not re-badged but rip offs.

FXCom.png

I suspect then you are using the wrong com port, a PC with no real serial port have them reserved & when you install the driver for the USB to 422 converter it will probably pick Com3.
Plug in the SC09, use control panel and hardware click on the USB device & check it's settings. It is unlikely it is com1 or 2.