Downtime tracking

I set up a downtime recorder to Excel using OPC Server with RS Linx though all PLC's
on machines were AB. I sent all reasons for stop (Integer) that was already written in each
machine and displayed on HMI, to a Micrologix via message. I also monitored production rate via messaging to it as well. All the down time, run rate calculations were performed in that micrologic and sent to Excel on the computer in my office with RS Linx OPC Server topic. We also had the Excel set up to send emails to various supervision at 15-30 & 60 minutes of continuous down time on a line and specify which line (I didn't write that Macro another supervisor did)

I should note that New management went with an OEM (kiwi) system
that put a Micro 800 on each machine with a piece counter to their PC based system
So management can track production and run rate. It doesn't give a reason except for whatever operator types in was the reason (not reliable) looks pretty but for $250k
I guess it should.

Logic

I just send the signals to the scada application where it is easy to work with time. I did however originally use s7 to calculate the downtime using the system clock but it got a but messy.

Longhorn,
are you able to upload your program to see how you came up with the logic. i am a fairly new programmer and would like to see how the inputs correlate with the logic.
thank you,

I inherited a system comprising of 3 SLC505's 12 power monitors to an RS32 Scada system, the original oem just put count PE's on each line relays to existing systems for run/stop etc. & message displays on all lines showing packs per minute & total packs per shift, all logged to a database, I first wrote an excel template to gather & process the data into reports. all the counts etc. were done in the SLC's I expanded the system to bring in all sorts like steam supply & alarms from the boilers, water supplies & many others, as all our production packaging lines (15) had Beijers HMI's I realised that these units were capable of dual drivers & mapping so set them up to communicate with the SLC's this gave us all alarms & production information. I managed to get IT to make the Excel templates availlable to all users who required the information & expanded the templates for many types of report, this system ran for nearly 15 years & prooved to be invalueable to production.
So rather than fit extra PLC's in existing equipment we could concentrate the data in the SLC's & populate the scada, I also introduced 10 view licences so the production could look at the Scada in real time.