s71200 PLC-triggered logging on TP700 HMI - TIA Portal

How is the resultant CSV file to be used? Yes, they were not in the correct order when I did it.

Hello.
The idea is that the technician could look at the csv and see whats going on with the pressing. If the values are not in order it doesn't really make sense and they won't OK it for me, I am afraid.

I even put them in order in the historical data view,but it doesn't seem to have any effect... I guess it fills the file based on the tag name...

Last edited:
why are putting them into CSV? can't you display them on the HMI

Hello.
I am displaying the values for the last 5 cycles, but it's not enough...
They want to have traceability for the machine cycles for at least 1 month...

So there really isn't another way I am afraid.

How much data do you need to store for 1 months worth of values? Can you store it in a DB in the plc?

I had it on On change...

This is likely why the ordering is chaotic: usually "on change" means if a value does nto change, it will not be reported. So if the axis moves 0.1mm and neither of the two force values changes, then nothing will be logged. If only one of the force values changes, then that value and not the other will be logged.

So I think changing to On Demand is the right option, with and on-demand trigger every 0.1mm.

Alternative 1: write a script to parse the on-change file and convert it to fill in the missing values.

Alternative 2: is it possible to combine the axis positions and force values into a single floating-point value? e.g. loggingTag1 = INTEGER(Force1 * scaling_to_integer) + ((axis_position - 166) / 100)? It's a hack that will limit the force value resolution to around four significant figures (0-9999), and now the technician will have to ignore the fractional part of the values in the CSV.

Then log loggingTag1 and loggingTag2, which will change by at least 0.01 every 0.1mm of axis movement, and so will be recorded.

This is likely why the ordering is chaotic: usually "on change" means if a value does nto change, it will not be reported. So if the axis moves 0.1mm and neither of the two force values changes, then nothing will be logged. If only one of the force values changes, then that value and not the other will be logged.

So I think changing to On Demand is the right option, with and on-demand trigger every 0.1mm.

Alternative 1: write a script to parse the on-change file and convert it to fill in the missing values.

Alternative 2: is it possible to combine the axis positions and force values into a single floating-point value? e.g. loggingTag1 = INTEGER(Force1 * scaling_to_integer) + ((axis_position - 166) / 100)? It's a hack that will limit the force value resolution to around four significant figures (0-9999), and now the technician will have to ignore the fractional part of the values in the CSV.

Then log loggingTag1 and loggingTag2, which will change by at least 0.01 every 0.1mm of axis movement, and so will be recorded.

I changed it to on-demand, but it's still a mess.

I trigger the logging after the pressing is done, so the DB's are already filled with the data.

I think I will ask Siemens today if there is any hope to have things in order. If it's not, this data logging is of no use to me or to anyone else I suppose.

Cheers.

There are a couple of other options I experimented with:

1. Use one logging tag and one trigger tag per array and then 'clock' the data from the array via the individual tags. The data is then in order but the tag name is the same for each entry. Keep in mind the max update rate for the logging is 1 sec so you will have to clock the data in slower than that.

2. Similar to the above but allocate one trigger tag per array element and again clock them in individually.

clocktag.jpg