1794-AENT - Losing IP Address after a period of time, Any thoughts ?

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I have used many 1794-AENT Ethernet Adaptors , and never had this problem . I used BootP and assigned the IP Address , sent it to the 1794-AENT , and disabled BootP . Power down for a period of time and lose the IP Address. I have the thumbwheel at 999.

Any thoughts why this is happening ?

Thanks so much ,

When you disabled BootP, was it successful?

I don't use these modules specifically, but my workflow for Point I/O is:

• Set the thumbwheel to 20, cycle power
  • Once rebooted, change the IP Address to desired address via RSLinx
  • Set thumb wheel to 456 (no particular reason for that specific number)
  • Reboot
  • Now the adapter has the correct non-192.168.1.x address.

edit: What firmware revision is the module? I saw this on reddit the other day, Point I/O related but...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PLC/comments/kkgxjd/problems_with_point_io_firmware_6013/

Last edited: