InTouch WindowMaker fails to open

alexmorrish

Hello,

I am having problems opening an InTouch application on a new computer (VM). This project was exported and given to me from a coworker who no longer works here.

I am using WonderWare 2017 Update 3 SP 1.

After importing the application I open it from the application manager and am greeted with multiple errors.
The first is that I do not have a license so I have to use the demo version (I have not been able to transfer the license to this new computer yet).

After that I get these errors in order;

Title: Problem reading tagname.x
Exceeded Dictionary Limit of tags.

DB cannot be loaded. Are database files read only? or user has read-only access? Exiting WindowMaker.

Database initialization failure. It may be necessary to restart Windows before starting WindowMaker again.

Initialization Failed

I have unchecked the read-only permission for the entire program folder, it seems to get re-checked by itself.

I have attempted to follow this guide, however after completing the DBLoad, my new application will also not start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Failure 1 is because you do not have development license. You can only edit very small apps without a license... I believe only 64 tags or less.
Failure 2 What database are you referring to? What is the extension? The database dump file is not read-only... it is a *.csv.

IS there a running application on site that you can copy? The one the co worker gave you may be corrupted.
What is the Intouch version he gave you?

Thank you for your time Jax and Nathan.

After all the troubleshooting I was able to get the license from the site computer and it worked!

Should have started there... ;)