I have retired!

Congratulations Peter.

I always enjoy your posting though I rarely ever can understand any of it. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Congratulations and good luck! I have a great many years before I'll be able to do the same.

We'll all be a little bit dumber for it though. I've talked to a great many in my career who know how to throw a machine together and get it working; but I don't know too many who would/could actually DESIGN the system and put the Engineer in controls engineer the way you do.

MI has a lot of wilderness to see (at least in the upper peninsula), but I'd imagine most of the things we bring to the table you already have in WA.

Congratulations Sir! Have a long and happy retirement, thank you for being one of the foundations of this great forum.

Congratulations

Get a hobby, quickly.

Might I suggest in alphabetical order,

Arizona, Florida, Georgia, (or my favorite) Texas. Stay away from Houston, Astin, and Dallas, but the rest of the state is kick a**

Congrats on retiring, all the best!

What's some lasting advice you can give me, I'm a bloke in mid-20s. Doesn't have to be academic related, just any life advice is good.

Thanks,

What's some lasting advice you can give me, I'm a bloke in mid-20s. Doesn't have to be academic related, just any life advice is good.

Thanks,
I look forward to Peter's reply and here's mine, don't wait till you're 67 to retire; retire early and often, that is unless you really really love what you do and able to do lots of other interesting stuff that you never wish you have a year or two off to learn or do something else.
I need a few lifetimes to learn and do everything I want.

I am 67. It is time.
I have a truck/camper. I have a Ram 3500 dually and a Arctic Fox 990. I will travel around looking for a good place to retire to. So far Washington state has been OK but I am willing to move.

hopefully we all will get there one day! I must say I have enjoyed your posts on the forum and learned alot from them. If the truck ever makes it down to Louisiana give me a hollar and I will treat you to some fine cajun cuisine.

Thanks,
Fill a niche. Be special.
Accept challenges.
Don't stop learning.
I have often mentioned "forever knowledge". "forever knowledge" is physics and math that will not change. Too many pay a lot of money to learn how to use tools. This is a waste. Buy the tools and learn to use it yourself.

Be able to figure things out on your own.

I was never trained at what I do.

My degree was in electrical and computer engineering.I have done very little if any electrical or computer engineering since I graduated in 1975.

BTW, today people are lucky. One can learn so much on the internet for free.

Congratulations! Your posts always remind me how little I know when it comes to the mathematical side of PID and controls, so it's always enlightening to read them.