Cpu fault TSX17

Adrie

Hello intelligent people, I hope you guys can help me

I currently have a problem with a telemecanique TSX 17 plc
The plc was cut off power supply while it was running and it seems to have died on me now.

The led for run stop is off
The led for CPU program is on đź”´
The led IO mem is off
And led battery is on đź”´

Is there a way that I can get this plc running again???

Not Done a TSX for many years but I bet the Batt light means the battery is dead and the loss of power has caused the loss of the program, unless you have a backup.

It's very old school, I know

It's bin running for more than fifteen years without any problem.
Up till yesterday

I've had the battery checked bij two different electronics, they said it was fine. Never been replaced in those fifteen years that I know of those
The plc is fitted with two eeprom holders , with eeprom blocks in them, which should contain the program or am I wrong?
I found something on internet like
Power down
Remove eeprom
Power up
Power down
Replace eeprom
Power up

But this doesn't work, no sign of life

Also found something like a cold start on entree 0.0
Setting it 1 should course a restart, but In my case entree 0.0 is used for a emergency stop.

Just had a look at the manual and the battery light on means the battery is faulty, however, if the program is in Eprom then it should be ok, you will need to go on-line & look at the diagnostics (no idea what to look for though as it has been many years). The other possibility is that some data that might have been in the battery backed ram has lost it's value and some computation that uses it may cause an error, to be honest without seeing what the diagnostics say it is impossible to come up with some answers.
But one thing for sure is that a 15 year old battery is not really expected to still be at capacity.
Edit: Just noticed the CPU Fault if lit then there is possibly a program fault.

Last edited:
I think this challenge is bit to big for me,.
Just googled a bit and
In order to look in that thing I need a computer running under DOS with max very low windows version.
Getting hold of a rs 485 cable, a rs 232 to 485 converter,
A rs232 cable I still have ��
Then I need to find and download some programming software onto that computer.
Even if I succeed in that, I will have to learn how to work with that software.........
Nah ��
Just gonna tell my boss it's s total loss ��

If there is eeprom module installed.
Otherwise you have probably have lost program as battery was dead.
Never programmed these thought.

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA197410/

How can the program be loaded from the EEPROM cartridge to a TSX17?

Published date: 19 November 2020

Issue
How can the program be loaded from the EEPROM cartidge to a TSX17?

Product Line
TSX7 Micro

Environment
TSX17
Resolution
The EEPROM cartridge has a micro switch on it. The micro switch needs to be in the Master (left most) position. With the switch in this position the controller will load from the EEPROM on power up.

Here is manual
https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi55urb2IruAhXGl4sKHT7fDhMQFjAAegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdownload.schneider-electric.com%2Ffiles%3Fp_enDocType%3DUser%2Bguide%26p_File_Name%3DW913291090901A_K01_001_01.zip%26p_Doc_Ref%3D1329109K01001&usg=AOvVaw3yQUem7g7fp2YUH1CGvPe1

Eeprom memory is erased with UV. If only CPU is broked, then it should be possible that eeprom have still program.
If you find another TSX17, you can try it. (ebay have some)
Is it worth of buying long obsolute PLC depends how soon you need machine running.