Partial import / export of tasks in Control Logix

Mr Modbus

I am aware that in Control Logix that you can export the projects and elements of the projects. So what I would like to do is to take some external structured text files and produce a program from them. I would be starting with a blank project that just has the hardware defined. I then want to import a file that sets up a cyclic task and also a program within that task. I can then import the structured text into this program.
I could not see any option to just export the task / program, so
my initial attempts to find a way was to define the task and program that I required and then export the whole project to an l5k file. I then deleted everything in the file except the TASK and PROGRAM sections. I then tried to import this. However, it did not work as it gave me an "invalid data type" error at line 3. Is it possible to just export / import the tasks / programs without the rest of the project data?
(my experimental file is shown below)

IE_VER := 2.8;

PROGRAM TESTS (MODE := 0,
DisableFlag := 0)
TAG
END_TAG

END_PROGRAM

TASK Cyc10ms (Description := "10ms cyclic",
Type := PERIODIC,
Rate := 10,
Priority := 1,
Watchdog := 10,
DisableUpdateOutputs := No,
InhibitTask := No)
TESTS;
END_TASK

Why are you using import? You can just cut/copy/paste routines/tasks from one CLX program to another.

Why are you using import? You can just cut/copy/paste routines/tasks from one CLX program to another.
I could if I was transferring code from a CLX system. However, it is being transferred from a Simatic S7 system.
Yes I know that the code will not compile without some work.
I am going to write an "interpreter" that converts S7 SCL to CLX structured text. But I obviously want to import this converted structured text into the CLX system.
In the S7 system, I can make a cyclic task (OB in Simatic speak) from SCL code, and I was looking for something similar on the CLX system. So I was looking for a way of defining a cyclic task, and a program within that task using an import file. But I only want to make the cyclic task and program, not the whole controller code as my starting point will be a project that already has the hardware part defined.