VFD. multiple motor.long lead length

How were you planning to do individual motor protection from the one single drive? Separate overloads for each motor? Really, if it were me, I would do separate VFDs for each motor- so many advantages. If you're already pulling cable to the motor, a few extra conductors for control is pretty minor. If memory serves, a NEMA 4X ABB ACS250 in the 1-2HP range is something like $300?. Seems like that may end up being just about the same price a single large VFD, filter, reactor, whatever else, and 7 motor overloads.

Extra benefit of the ACS250 is that you can get them with a disconnect built-in.

using this type of setup, wouldn't it be ideal to run control conduit rather than running the control conductors in the same conduit as the high voltage?

Similar Topics

Hi guys! I have been spending quite a bit of time yesterday and today trying to get a definitive answer to this question regarding protection an...
Replies
Views
Hey guys , I am involved in a equipment installation process wherein the customer wants me to run multiple motors with a single VFD. I...
Replies
Views
Good morning, A Yaskawa A1000 series VFD is controlling a chain at the ref. frequency 1 (let's say 70 Hz) as its default. In winter months, a...
Replies
Views
Is it OK to have multiple Frame size VFD's inside the same enclosure that will be dedicated to VFD's only or is there any code/regulations against...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone know of a calculator for figuring out size of enclosure to house multiple vfd's? We have a job at them moment where we need...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom