PVP7 Remote Desktop Connection

I have not used "Tight VNC" but have used "Remote Desktop" and both are a simple means to connect.

If you're looking for complete control I would recommend a VPN Tunnel, they are very secure and allows 100% control (Just as if you was there and connected directly to network).

when I try to Connect to the PV from my laptop this is the error that pops up(see attached). It acts like its being blocked by the firewall but cant seen to find where I can enable the RD connection on the PV. I am able to use VNC just fine but need the RD connection to comply with company policy.

Capture.jpg

when I try to Connect to the PV from my laptop this is the error that pops up(see attached). It acts like its being blocked by the firewall but cant seen to find where I can enable the RD connection on the PV. I am able to use VNC just fine but need the RD connection to comply with company policy.
Have you enabled it and added the users that need access? You might find it in Control Panel -> System -> Remote Access (in the left pane).

IIRC there is a registry change that you need to make on the PanelView (RegEdit in windows) before it will accept remote connections. It should be explained in the manual linked by Ken above.

Ah, you cannot do that. The PV cannot be a Terminal Server.
The PV can run an RDP client; from the PV you connect to a remote Terminal (RDP) Server.

If you want to remotely access the PV from your computer, you have these options:
1)VNC Server
2)FTP Server
3)FactoryTalk ViewPoint (which is free for the PV)

If you use FT ViewPoint, then you likely could be within your IT limits. That will work with Microsoft IE on your computer.