PLC Backup Software - Source Safe??????

Webhead

We now have a second programmer on staff. I was the main person touching all of our PLC programs and we never really had a problem with backups of software. Now I find that having a second guy can cause some backup problems among other things.

What kind of software do you guys use to keep multiple people from changing the same programs or version control? I've done a search and found some of the group are using MDT software which I will not use.

If there is only 2 of you. Store on the server/network drive and make both laptops have that folder available offline.

If you don't like MDT, Versiondog is the other major brand of source control software i've seen for PLCs.

Similar Topics

dear everybody please you help me i have a question for your help. I have found errors when I starter software plc _backup tool 6.0. those errors...
Replies
Views
I am working in the following system and i am having the problem mentioned below please help me and solution. System: Allen Bradly-PLC-5...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have an ABB PLC (PM573) and it has without MC card. I need to take backup from PLC to PC (in automation builder v2.7 ). My...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wanted to know if there is software that performs automatic backups and version checking. Additionally, it should support multiple...
Replies
Views
We have 1756-L82E PLCs here and now we have issues with one PLC having a lot of used program memory, which bothers the client, and wants us to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom