Siemens Vs. Vipa PLC !!

manmeetvirdi

Hi
Well has anybody used VIPA PLC's?
How they are performing w.r.t Siemens?
VIPA PLC's looks lot similar to that of Siemens PLC!
You can even load program made in Simatic Manager into these PLC !!
Also there sales representative claims that you can interchange existing Siemens DI/DO/AI/AO cards with that of Vipa PLC.
They say that VIPA is started by senior R&D head of Siemens Mr Wolfgang Seal.They claim that all product of VIPA are 30% cheaper then Siemens and 30% better in performance wise !!!!!!

Somebody having experice on this brand of PLC can shed some light on these claims.

Manmeet.

I use them a lot. No problems at all. All logics for simatic are usable for VIPA except parts for CP cards etc. These functions have to be rewritten. Use a speed 7 if possible. These CPU's are very very fast.

We use some vipa Speed7, it works fine, we didn't implement nothing complicated so.. just a small line following applications.

I heard they are not 100% compatible, but... they are cheaper.

I have used the 200 (DPM) series and the only configuration diference is that the CPU is set up as a profibus node in the HW manager. Apart from that all is the same as the regular Step7 with standard Siemens 300 & 400 series cpus. The advantage of the VIPA 200 series is the small footprint. The 300 series has the same footprint as the siemens 300. The speed7 is the same format as the 300 but considerably faster.

See the vipa website for details. vipa.de.

Hy! we work with VIPA Product and we've mixed CPU SIEMENS with CP VIPA 341 to communicate in ModBus with peripherical drives.
No problem
Only you have to know that VIPA doesn't have CP340 (simple serial PtP 232)
If you have a program made with it, you'll have to convert your protocol. If you use CP341... you can change it without do anything.
jose perez - Spain
www.bisiq.es

Hy! we work with VIPA Product and we've mixed CPU SIEMENS with CP VIPA 341 to communicate in ModBus with peripherical drives.
No problem
Only you have to know that VIPA doesn't have CP340 (simple serial PtP 232)
If you have a program made with it, you'll have to convert your protocol. If you use CP341... you can change it without do anything.
jose perez - Spain
www.bisiq.es

please how i can connect between vipa 315 2ag12
and my laptop

I have at a customer site recently changed some VIPA CPU's to Siemens 315-2 PN/DP due to many problems with communication between the VIPA systems and Siemens 315-2 PN/DP systems.

By the replacement I got solved the customer's communication problems, but also got a better scantime since it was old VIPA systems.

Benefit VIPA

Hello,

Another benefit about a IO module of VIPA, is when the electronics are damaged you only have to replace the module and not the whole socket. This is because the electronics are placed in the module and not in the socket.

Regards,

Robin