Wonderware Intouch question

IdealDan

Hi Guy
1. Please how can I create a shutdown button on the intouch?

2. Also how can I configure graphical Trend for 9 different values/tags in it?

Do you want to shutdown the application or the computer?

If you want to shutdown or restart the computer, make a batch file and use the command "shutdown /s" or /r for restart to initiate shutdown. use the StartApp command in intouch to run the batch file.

To shutdown the WW application, you can use the WWControl command. I believe it would be this: WWControl (InfoAppTitle("View"),"Close");

Intouch version 10 and later have the 16 pen trend available, but I don't think it's installed by default.

An easier way to shut down the PC from inside Intouch app..
If you have access to download files from Wonderware...
Download this add-on:
"FactorySuite Script Function Library"

It will have these 2 files, which you place in the Intouch folder in program files directory.
WWTech32.wdf & WWTech32.dll

Then you will now have access to this command:
"WWShutDownWinNT40"

Make a button and make a Touch Pushbutton>action script with this command (using "On Left/Key Up")
WWShutDownWinNT40( 2 );

More info on command...

WWShutDownWinNT40 Shuts down Windows NT 4.0.
Function: Result = WWShutDownWinNT40( ShutDownFlag );
Return value: If an illegal ShutDownFlag is passed the return value will be a -2, if NT security will not allow the current user to shutdown NT or if there is a system error a -1 will be returned.
ShutDownFlag: (Integer) This tells the function how to shut the system down:
1 - Log the current user off NT.
2 - Shut down NT.
3 - Reboot the computer.

Example: This is how to cause Windows NT 4.0 to shutdown:

Result = WWShutDownWinNT40( 2 );

Note The user who is logged into Windows NT must have privileges to shut down or reboot the computer. The Windows NT security allows everyone the ability to log off the system. WWShutDownWinNT40() will force all applications to terminate at the time that the function is called.

Last edited:
Do you want to shutdown the application or the computer?

If you want to shutdown or restart the computer, make a batch file and use the command "shutdown /s" or /r for restart to initiate shutdown. use the StartApp command in intouch to run the batch file.

To shutdown the WW application, you can use the WWControl command. I believe it would be this: WWControl (InfoAppTitle("View"),"Close");

Intouch version 10 and later have the 16 pen trend available, but I don't think it's installed by default.
YES, How is this command applied? ''WWControl (InfoAppTitle("View"),"Close")''?