You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 4th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #1
dave.hodgson
England

Book Old Toshiba Ex20 up/down counter problem

I work as a further education college lecturer, and I have been given the task of teaching my students about PLC’s and ladder programming.

Only problem is the PLC’s the college has are about 15 years old, they still work so the head of department cannot see any reason for spending any of his precious budget to buy some up to date PLC’s.

The PLC’s marked as Toshiba EX 20, we only have the basic unit, and LCD input pad, there is no extension unit, timer counter unit attached.

I have managed to download the Toshiba EX 20/40 Plus manual from the Internet, but when I try to program the up/down counter which is according to the manual uses address C076 or C077 as the selection device for the up down counter, I receive an address error.

I have tried inputting the address as C76 and C076, and C77 and C077 followed by a preset value and (Prog/Wrt) but I just get an 03 address error code from the LCD display.

A typical line will read as follows

(Coil/Counter) (Shift) (Counter/Timer) (7) (6) (End/.) (3) (PRG/WRT)

So does anyone know if the EX 20 has this up/down counter facility or is there a different between the EX 20 and the EX 20 Plus which is the manual I have managed to download

Any advice would be appreciated

Dave H

Old April 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2
rsdoran
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

This is the latest manual:
ftp://ftp.tic.toshiba.com/pub/plc/EX2040-E003.pdf

The timer designation is T...ie T1.0100 is Timer 1 with preset of 10 secs.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #3
504bloke
England

Dave

Have you had any luck yet ?

Take a look at this ftp://ftp.tic.toshiba.com/pub/plc/EX2040.pdf brochure to show the difference between the standard and the PLUS range

Basically you EX20 will have 16 internal "C" Counters whereas the PLUS range has 64 (32 if HSC is used)

Try using C0000 as an up counter as the C76 & 77 are for Up/Down counter and from memory this is for the plus range which may be different for the standard EX20 and also the C76,77 up/down counters will need the use of special relay R162 to work properly!

C0000 should definatley work

The plus range has more timers, counters and an HSCounter integral.

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: bmp counter.bmp (156.4 KB, 67 views)
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #4
rsdoran
United States

I have no idea why I did timer
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #5
504bloke
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdoran
I have no idea why I did timer
a small technical glitch perhaps

The C&T button on the lcd programmer are the same, one is shifted from memory so when programming its easy to get mixed up!

I havent programmed a tosh with the lcd for 10 years or so and last week i had to change some software in one for a customer, then i see a reference to the tosh here!!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum