communicating the gefanuc plc with the siemens plc

siva_maddala

Welcome to the automation world.

my name is nag. recently we are doing one project that is the extension of the existing project . Previously they are run the plant with GE-Fanuc plc. for the new one they want to do by using the siemens how can we communicate the existing ge-fanuc with the siemens. I have some doubts regarding protocols means profibus, snp, modbus, devicenet. when these protocols are used can any one knows please advise me thanking you.

I used Profibus DP connection between S7-300 and VersaMax. S7-300 acts as a master, GE - as a slave. I haven't any problem with this connection (my side was S7-300) in 3 years. But another programmer had some problem with DP slave module for Fanuc (I cann't remember more precisely). But this problem was a problem of our lack of knowledge only. :)