Rockwell software name change -CPR9

rPraveenkum

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/fa/inf00-fa005_-en-e.pdf

soft.JPG

Great [/sarcasm]
Since we also use USData Factory Link, now I guess we will have Factory Link, RSLinx, and Factory Talk. I already have enough trouble with management being confused about what I am talking about.

Also, did anyone notice that the new version (2.51) of RSLinx is now called RSLinx Classic?

Probably in order to differentiate it from RSLinx enterprise.

Didn't Coca Cola try that marketing scheme once.
icon7.gif
RSLinx Diet (lite)
RSLinx Familiar (classic)
RSLinx Nebulous (enterprise)

What could be next?

Marc

They're not only "Classic", but classic versions of the "old" software. For example, "RSLinx Classic Gateway" is the version that supports remote OPC connections over DCOM from one Linx to the other.

I think you're right about "enterprise". My understanding is that anything with "enterprise" in the name means it runs the FactoryTalk version.

jimbo3123 said:
Also, did anyone notice that the new version (2.51) of RSLinx is now called RSLinx Classic?

Probably in order to differentiate it from RSLinx enterprise.