Fanuc robot issue

rexcramer

I know this is not a robotics forum, but you folks are pretty smart and a lot of you work with robots on a daily basis.

I have no experience with robots, but we have three of them so I need to familiarize myself with them as much as I can until I can get my company to pony up for a robotics class.

I have a Fanuc 200ic robot we have set aside as a trainer, and it has an R-30ia controller. It sat for a couple years and now when I try to restart it I cannot move the robot at all. I figured the batteries in the base of the robot were dead so I replaced them and still have the same issues.

I get a SRVO-075 Pulse not established error, which I understand means the encoder is "lost" and needs to see a pulse so it can orient itself. The problem is in Joint mode I cannot move the robot at all, no matter what I do. I cannot do a zero master until I can get this thing to move somehow. I tried resetting the PCA with no luck, and doing a shift-reset as suggested by Fanuc.

I just acquired a maintenance manual from Fanuc, and it suggested that based on my LED indicators (SVEMG LED is red without an E-stop activated) that I may have a Servo Amplifier issue, but tech support at Fanuc said no, if I cannot move the robot I may have a wiring harness problem or a motor problem and closed the ticket. They have been kinda useless to me.

Before I spend the cash to have a service tech come here I want to make sure I am not missing something easy due to my ignorance of this machine.

Thanks

The batteries you replaced are for "pulse coder" position data. Your axes do not know where they are. You must perform a mastering of the affected axes, which may be all of them. I have not worked with that particular model, but the steps will be similar.

You need the manuals for the model robot and read the sections about mastering. It involves setting some system variables in order to allow you to move the robot to a known zero mastering position, or to use reference marks on the robot itself for each axis, and then tell the system. It is sometime possible to perform the operation by entering the values, but I believe this only applies when you change the batteries with power applied. The system still knows the batteries were missing, but the position data is not lost, so you can go through some steps to get around having to move the robot. These steps are always something I broke out the book for, and I used older controllers, so that is about all the detail I can give.

Also, get the robot F-Number and contact 1-800-IQRobot. If the company has a service agreement with other robots and that one is registered, you can probably get them to email you a cheat sheet on exactly what to do. If there is no agreement, it is just a few minutes of time, and you will then know in case it is registered, you can get good phone help. The books are necessary and never free with Fanuc robots in my experience.

http://www.robot-forum.com/robotforum/fanuc-robot-forum/mastering-by-direct-entry-of-encoder-pulses/

Last edited: