PM received, forwarding to the forum.

GregPLC

This was a PM I received from a guest, I guess he needs help.

Re: hi

(Quote:)

GregPLC wrote on Today 10:57 PM:
Sure, post it in the forum, and I'll be glad to try.

(Quote:)

necyil wrote on Today 04:52 PM:
hello may i ask you some question about plc?

hello
i am necyil..from Turkey
i would like make a plc program. can u help me?
For Rolling Mill
i need make contro Coiler Torque and speed. I have line speed and coiler speed.
I think for this i need calculate coiler diameter.
May u help me which way i make this

Many thank for your help

Necmettin YILMAZ

Greg:

You are in a very elite group that is considered around the world as the best of the best.

You should be very proud.

Also, when I can get TestSubject down to Starved Rock, along with as many others as will come from chicago, milwaukee, and points surrounding, you have the option of buying the first round.

Back to the post... I don't think the coil diameter is a factor here. Speed and resistance should play the big part of determining the torque, I believe. But I have been removed from this type of application for many years.

regards.....casey

Torque would be a factor of diameter, width of material, and density of material.

So, wire would just be density and diameter. sheet steel would add in width and, to a lesser degree, material thickness.

Necyil, what are the material specs? What are the speed of the line specs. And what is the required accuracy (1mm or .01mm)?