GX developer installation problem

rowens

I am having a problem installing a newly purchased software.
The disk is a GX-DEV-FX-C1 version 8.00

I am running Windows XP professional.

on installation I am getting an error.
it reads "C:\windows\system 32\autoexec.nt
The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications".

Do I have the wrong disk or is something else incorrect?

I can view the manuals on the cd but I have not seen anything relating to this so far.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

huh... i remember something vaguely about this from a few months back when I installed it. if i remember, the autoplay is screwed up and you have to manually run the setup program.

I think i just opened up my computer, right clicked on the CD drive and chose explore. then found the setup.exe file and ran it.

the CD is at work, or i'd check for you.

When installing Gx Developer on my Xp Ihad to run something in the folder Gpp (I think) and then in a folder "env". Its an environement set up thing.
Hope thi helps
SteveB

stevebot has probably got it

Its a while since I installed it but I do remember the enviroment folder and installing everything from there too. I think that folder is an XP fix thing.

rowens said:
on installation I am getting an error.
it reads "C:\windows\system 32\autoexec.nt
The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications".

I remember a short while ago, a colleague had a similar error message when trying to install a printer driver. We ran a 'find file' search and found that autoexec.nt wasn't present in the system32 directory. We copied an equivalent file from another PC to the system32 directory and the install worked fine after that.

It is a shot in the dark, but it might be worth checking if this will work.

best regards

I really appreciate the help everyone gave me.

The information was helpful.
It put on the correct track.

The technical support for Mitsubishi still has not returned an answer from my calls and emails.

This is what I was able to do to correct this problem in case someone else runs into this problem:

I did not have another computer with the windows xp professional loaded to copy a file.

I found out that windows has a directory called repair.

click Start, click Run, type C:\windows\repair, and then click OK.
Right-click autoexec.nt, and then click copy.
Click Start, click Run, type C:\windows32, and then click OK.
Right-click anywhere in the folder and click Paste.
Right-click the Autoexec.nt file that you just copied, and then click Properties.
Click to select Read-only, and then click OK.
Repeat these steps for Config.NT if needed.
I did not need to do this. Config.nt was already in place.

NOTE: You must enable "Read-Only" permissions or the files will be removed after you restart windows!!!

I then had to install the Mitsubishi enviroment from the GX-Developer CD before loading the developer software.

I hope this information will help someone besides myself.
This site has always been full of helpful information for me and I am glad to be able to try and return the favor.

Thanks again for all of the help.:D

That was a very clear and understandable description, I think I will save that one for future reference. I never knew about the need to turn off the read-only file property.

You will need to turn on the read only attribute.
When you copy & paste the file it is not selected.
You need the check mark to appear in the box beside read only.
I hope this helps.