Adding modbus module to AB Compactlogix pLC

Nandraj

Dear All,
I need help to sort out some issue i am facing ,
i wanted to read the data from the device that has modbus communication protocol . and i wanted to read that data through compactlogix L32E processor so i can use that for other simulation purpose in programs .
How i can achieve this ?
Is there separate modbus module need to add in AB compactlogix PLC so it can read from other device data ?
please help me

For ModbusRTU, if you want it for some simulation purpose, as you mention, you can check AB sample code library site and write modbus, there is an application there. If you really need to make application, which will control anything, I would go to third party device, like others mentioned above.

If you are talking about ModbusTCP, L32E doesn't support it directly and you need third-party device anyway.

If you need an HMI, or you are willing to switch an existing HMI to a Red Lion, then I will cast another vote for that. I normally don't like to put an HMI in the middle of a control mechanism, but I have trusted even the lowly Kadets to do just that. They boot faster than some PLCs and are highly reliable and excellent protocol converters.

Another method I have seen is to use a Micrologix 1400 as a gateway. This can make sense if you need to use it for more than just a data collector.