ML 1000, power and fault lights flashing

rangell

I have a Micrologic 1000 that the power and fault lights are flashing together. Any ideas what this means, or where I can find out. I can not log on to the processor.

I think that indicates a processor memory error, could be wrong. Try cycling the power, leave it off for a couple of minutes.
Double check all your wire connections, I had a loose incoming power lead cause similar faults once before. "Brown" outs and poor grounding seem to scramble the ML, more so than other AB lines.

If that doesn't do it, you will have to contact AB.

Last edited:
I have a Micrologic 1000 that the power and fault lights are flashing together. Any ideas what this means, or where I can find out. I can not log on to the processor.

How old is the PLC? I had one fail a couple of years ago with the same fault.

I have had a look but cannot find it at the moment, but there was a few batches of ML1000 that had some faulty memory chips inside. AB will swap FOC any affected units.

Did not find it on AB site, but I have found a printout I did of the information. Even knowing the answer id (ID 34047) I still cannot find it on the AB site.

Although the fault does not look identical, I think its worth posting it here now its been mentioned for future searches.

I have scanned it, but cannot get it small enough at the moment.

Anyone got a tech connect contract that can get them to pull it out?

Timbo, Thanks for the info, I'll have to check the S/N of our unit. I think we may have found the problem. There was a damaged proximity sensor that uses the plc power supply as it's source. After replacing it, the problem went away.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Thanks timbo_uk, I have had this problems many time this year. I finally have a good explanation for it.

Thanks.

Two ML1400 with same issue

Hey,
I have an old panel that the plc had the very same issue, no display and flashing power and fault lights. I changed out the plc and now the new one powers up and says micrologix 1400 on the screen then it goes blank, only power light is on. Have tried just hooking 120v with a power supply to it with no i/o and same thing. Any help would be appreciated, dont want to ruin another plc lol.

Welcome!
Did you download/install the program into the new PLC and put it in run mode?

Edit...FYI-This is an older thread so you should've started a new one.

I actually did start a new thread lol. Sorry
I tried to load an ip address into it and download a program but no go, but even with no program the display should not be blank?