FactoryTalk View SE and ODBC

Ok, I got it working. I forgot that I had to do a couple things. I had to add the odbc data source to the computer running rslinx and the computer running the hmi server. And then I forgot that I needed to do DataLogOn and DataLogOff.

Hi, i got the same problem under Windows 10 64 bit.
Thanks to Rockwell Support i could find a solution.
The solution for me was:
- Install/open the SQL Server managenment Studio
- Right click Security/Logins "New Login"
- Search "LOCAL SERVICE" and then ok
- Search "SERVICE" and then ok

For the new Logins "NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE" and NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE
assing the Server roles "sysadmin"

Now it should work.
The explanation why you have "Test completet sucessfully" when you do "Test Data source", but it doesnt work in FactoryTalk View is that
when you test you connect to the database as local user, but when FTV tries to connect it does it as a service.

Thank you very much, crawler009! This works for me!!! 🍻

The solution for me was:

Now it should work.
The explanation why you have "Test completet sucessfully" when you do "Test Data source", but it doesnt work in FactoryTalk View is that
when you test you connect to the database as local user, but when FTV tries to connect it does it as a service.
Hello Rdrast!

I am facing the same problem as the one you posted the answer to. Unfortunately I didn't really understand the last bit of your explanation.
So, once you create the Logins 'SERVICE LOCAL' and 'SERVICE', what exactly do I need to put in FTView login? I would say I've tried every possible combination but the right one.

Thank you, Josep.

Hi Josep

in FTV you dont have to to anything. With this way you can leave the "Login requiered" unchecked, because the service has enogh rights to write to the database.

if you mean

this is done also in the SQL Server managment studio.
Edit: dont forget to restart the pc if it wont connect. FTV likes restart :)

The solution for me was:

Now it should work.

Worked and resolved the problem.
Thanks.