Used Micro Logix 1000 trainer used

dpjb2923

does anyone have any idea where I could get a used micro Logix 1000 trainer used? Or could this be a dumb idea to pursue
I look on the net and I cannot find someone who tired of theirs and wish to sell
thanks so much

Do you need an actual trainer to practice on or are you just trying to learn how to use the programming software? On the Rockwell site, free software is available for programming and Emulate software to simulate a plc for testing your logic. There are many posts on here for links to the software. If you need help finding the software, please ask.

Thanks you gentlemen for reply

I have all the Microlix, Micrologix and Emulate downloaded and installed
I guess I see it as a good opportunity for a project and planning
I am in Japan and getting Aleen Bradly here is a bit expencive and was hoping to do on the cheap

I have all the Microlix, Micrologix and Emulate downloaded and installed
I guess I see it as a good opportunity for a project and planning
I am in Japan and getting Aleen Bradly here is a bit expencive and was hoping to do on the cheap

We ship to Japan all the time, we sell 'do it yourself kits' that you may like

http://www.plccable.com/build-your-own-trainer/

We also have complete built training kits

Best regards
Mark

Dear all
I now have the trainer assembled with the Micrologix 1000
Now my big problem
I have the 1761 CBL PMO2 USB programing cable as of today
I cannot figure out how to install the cable hardware to my computer
I plug into the USB and the computer makes an Audio noise when I plug it in.
So I have a good connection, but it does not give me a Found New Hardware box by which to install.
I have to install the drivers and found a pretty good Youtube Video on how to
do it but since the hardware wizard does not pop up I do not know what to do

I have RS Links and RS Logix 500 install ok
Can anyone lend a hand to help me install the drivers?
If you need any other infor, I gladly write that in my next post
Warm regards to all

When you download the drivers the drivers may have there own install file.

Many times things that need drivers do not have that install new hardware wizard, the PC may just see it as a generic device and not realize that it needs specific drivers to properly function. Sometimes windows can make things work without external drivers I say try it without driver if it does not work try and find a driver package on line and install it with its own install file

the hardware wizard does not pop up I do not know what to do

Where do you buy the cable? they should of provided you with the drivers

This may help after you get the drivers loaded, watch the 4th video down http://www.plccable.com/comm-support-videos/

For your drivers... click on update in your device manager and let your PC search the internet for a driver

You can also download our driver CD and try them, we use chip set 341/340 its on the same page near the bottom of the page

Thanks so much

I will try as you say when i get home
I tried asking Allen Bradly but found it worthless
Would you happen to know the amp draw on the 1000?
I have my trainer fused with a one amp fuse
Warm regards
David

Your welcome

1 AMP maybe ok, but if you told us the exact model we could help more..

This is the user manual for the MicroLogix CPU's http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1761-in001_-en-p.pdf

The draw on the L10 will be different then the L32 so it depends on the model you have

Here are a few more links that will help in your training on the RSLogix 500 software

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lg500-gr002_-en-e.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/lg500-pp001_-en-e.pdf

My Micro logix

the model number is 1761-L10-BXB 24VDC

I will try to look on my own for the amp draw but if you know off top of your head, I would be sincerely thankful if you could send a quick note

I got the drivers to work thanks to you and that's ok

I put in a real simple program with just one rung to try things out, and it worked then I add more outputs instructions to check the other 3 outputs in the PLC the LEDs are lit. Here is the dilemma I add more output instructions to check the other outputs on the breadboard LEDs upload it to PLC and the LEDs in the PLC are lit and the program on my computer screen shows lit, but the other outputs on the breadboard are not. The PLC is also indicating the RUN mode on the PLC and the first LED I checked remained lit.
I checked the connections to the other three outputs and also connected with separate 24VDC source and all are fine
I am figuring I am the problem here
any ideas?

My trainer

I deleted all the small programs I made and started fresh
I programed another output to come on with a different input
and the LED on the breadboard came on as per my programming

I tried to edit the same program so the other outputs come on and downloaded it in the PLC
the one did go back on but as before the PLC LEDs and computer screen outputs came ON as per my edited program but the LEDs on the breadboard outputs did not
My wiring is fine what could I be doing to cause this?

the amp draw on the 1000 L10 BXB is .8A at 24VDC

The PLC is also indicating the RUN mode on the PLC and the first LED I checked remained lit.
Find "what is different between the first lighted LED and the 3 that are not lighted".

Is the wiring different?
Is the power supply the same?
Are the LEDs the same brand, model, and size?
Do you have the 3 unlighted LEDs turned the same way with + power wire to + terminals, - power wire to - terminals?

it would be a LOT easier to help you if you could post your program file (.RSS extension) ... you'll have to zip it first – forum rule ...

the PLC LEDs and computer screen outputs came ON as per my edited program

by this do you mean that the LEDs for the OUTPUTS on the front of the PLC were lighted – and that the OTE instructions on the RSLogix500 ladder display were highlighted in GREEN? ...

but the LEDs on the breadboard outputs did not

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by that part ... seems that if you're trying to turn something OFF and ON on a "breadboard" then those things should be IN-puts and not OUT-puts ... is that just a typo? ...

My wiring is fine what could I be doing to cause this?

you might want to post your wiring diagram – just in case ... maybe we can spot something that you're overlooking ...

and here's a tip ... you don't really need a "program" to test your outputs ... I suggest that you experiment by taking out ALL of your code – leaving ONLY the "End" rung in your ladder ...

then go to the Output table – and just MANUALLY type a "1" into each of your output bit/boxes ... (naturally you'll want to be in the RUN mode when you try this) ... as you enter the "1" status into a bit/box, the appropriate LED – and its associated output terminal - on your PLC should both turn on ... and entering a "0" should make the LED and its output terminal turn OFF ...

most PLC folks refer to this bare-bones testing step as "commissioning" the PLC outputs ... doing it this way allows you to focus on just the hardware and the wiring without having to worry about whether or not the ladder logic code is OK ...

let us know what you find out ... and try to post your program file ...