ControlLogix CPU security tool alternative?

pandersen

I've got several identical machines at a customer's site. All of the CPUs are accessible from the corporate network. What I'd like to do is make sure that when changes or downloads are made to a controller, the engineer doing the changes is absolutely sure they targeted the correct CPU. The Logix security tool allows me to password protect the controller, but that locks everyone out from doing any changes at all.

What I'd like to do is require a password to go online or download, and if the correct password is entered, the person gets online. All the machines are in various stages of debug, build and production. We have already been burned by someone not paying attention when making changes and bringing down the production lines.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Hi. In your controller properties window tick the window to match the project to the controller.
You have to enter the serial number for the controller in this window as well.
This is only a recent addition to the contrologix so it will not be in an early versions.
Regards Alan Case