Siemens TIA Portal V15

paulcamborne

Hi.
Does anyone know how I can get the PLC code to display an HMI for the purpose of fault finding, do I need to run a stripped down version of TIA or can I use a soft PLC on an advanced Siemens HMI?
Just an idea at the moment but trying to get a feel for whether its possible.
Cheers

Hi.
Does anyone know how I can get the PLC code to display an HMI for the purpose of fault finding, do I need to run a stripped down version of TIA or can I use a soft PLC on an advanced Siemens HMI?
Just an idea at the moment but trying to get a feel for whether its possible.
Cheers

If the idea is to display PLC code in an HMI for the purpose of diagnostics then the answer is yes. Depending on your version of TIA and HMI, later versions can do panels and RT advanced earlier (TIA 13) can do Professional only.

I've seen this facility before in a custom built SCADA package for marine/military industry and it was great as you could track the logic directly from the value being displayed on the screen by right clicking and following the link to it. It also allowed, if logged in as admin, to change certain parameters as alarm limits or timers that needed tuning and it was really useful.

Although part of it was precisely to protect the technology behind it as no one could actually see the code behind it.