Factory Talk Question

IdealDan

Hi Guys!
1. Can a FTV ME Tag bearing '::[Path]Address' format communicat with Emulate500/RSLogix?

2. Secondly, if N10:45 has just two of it's Bits used (ie N10:45/0 and N10:45/1) in that word, and N10:45 is tied to a tag in HMI with Multistate Indicator having 4 states in 'states' tab, How will the used Bits point to the 4 state values? (ie what Bit points to state0, state1, state2 and state3 respectively)?.

Yes you can use emulate 500. What I usually do is delete the shortcut in communication setup. Then add a server to the project with the same name as the shortcut you just deleted and is referenced in your project. You then setup this server to use linx, you will have to setup a topic within linx. It's not the most intuitive, but once you've done it a few times it only takes a minute or so to setup.

Secondly, if N10:45 has just two of it's Bits used (ie N10:45/0 and N10:45/1) in that word, and N10:45 is tied to a tag in HMI with Multistate Indicator having 4 states in 'states' tab, How will the used Bits point to the 4 state values? (ie what Bit points to state0, state1, state2 and state3 respectively)?.

Here's one possibility that immediately comes to mind:

00 == 0
01 == 1
10 == 2
11 == 3

It seems the bit array stuff is still kicking your butt. You are making it way more complicated then it has to be. He's an example:
1. N10:45/0 is automatic mode
2. N10:45/1 is manual mode

Use expressions in the multistate:
1. State 0 = Off
2. State 1 = Auto
3. State 2 = Manual

So...
If N10:45/0 Then 1 Else
If N10:45/1 Then 2 Else 0

This is assuming bit 0 and bit 1 will not be on at the same time.

Spend time playing around with this, the more time you spend the more sense it will make.