How to copy data in a tag to another tag in Controllogix

cdmeieril

How do you copy the contents of a dint256 tag to another dint256 tag in Controllogix while offline? I've done it online with a copy statement.

Thanks,
Cory

I am assuming you mean an array of DINT with 256 elements?

If the data in the source tag already exists example x_256[256]:

Go to the Tag Edit screen, and right click the array, then select copy.

Go to the new tag (bottom of the list), right click and select paste. The new tag will be created based on the name of the original one appended with a "1". It will contain the same values as the original. Then you can rename it as desired. Edit: You may have to blow away the existing tag first...then rename the new one to replace it...

Another method would be to use RS Emulate 5000 and do it with the virtual PLC COP instruction.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Last edited:
Copy tag from your master project to a new blank test project. Do a COP instruction to your new tag. Run test project In RSLogix5000 Emulate. Copy Tag back to your master project. Data table values will be retained in new tag

I just loaded the Emulate program and will try that. The way we usually do it is with a copy statement when connected to a processor. I don't have that ability right now.

Thanks for your help.
Cory