Citect SCADA with Siemens s7 300 PLC

Einstein_86

Hello everybody

I have already wrote a PLC program with SIMATIC S7 300 and simulated it using PLCSIM it's already working, now I want to build it's SCADA using Citect SCADA software. It's the first time in my life to work with SCADA and so (of course) with Citect. I want at the end to monitor the operation of my running PLC program in Simatic on the citect screen, without hardware just as software on my laptop. I have already built my Graphics on Citect but now cant make the necessary configurations !!

The citect user guide contains a lot but not in a certain order, I do not know what is the first thing I shall start configuration with and what's next !! like first the communications or the tags or what ? [ keeping in mind that I
I would appreciate if you gave me guidlines (as a beginner with scada) to follow.

I want also to give examples for points that are not clear for me: for ex : in configuration of communications, there is an option if I want to link to an external database or not, and if so what would be it's type, I do not know in my case ( of siemens PLC with citect) what option shall i select
Type of communication in my case :OPC or else ?

and regarding tags, i do not know what shall i write in the address (please see attached pic), is it the same address of the variable written in my PLC program or what ? and shall the tag name be exactly as the variable name in the plc code or i can write any name ?

I am sorry for my questions, but i am sure once i see the way i will go on good in it.

Thank you so much in advance

And also regarding tags

tag address.jpg

Hi Einstein 86,

To get any communication between Citect and an S7 PLC you need a middleware driver. This can either be Simatic Net or PS Direct.

I've only had experience with Simatic Net, so I will briefly explain the process. Simatic Net has to be installed on the PC that Citect runs on. It is configured in Netpro within Step 7 by adding a PC Station to your programme. There are a couple of ways that the PC Station can be configured: 1. As an Application (Citect has this documented) OR 2. As an OPC Server (Not documented). I have found that OPC is the way to go as I have had the least amount of trouble with it.

Once the configuration is complete in NetPro, it must be transferred to the PC Station. This can either be done by a file or over the Network. Provided that everything is OK, you should see your configuration from NetPro appear in the Station Configuration Editor on the Local PC.

In regard to Citect, the S7NT Driver, this uses the 'Application' entry in NetPro. If you look up the S7NT Driver help file in Citect, you will see how to configure Citect.

Andy Butcher

Re

Thank you so much for you reply, I have been searching about the softwares you mentioned, but I want to say again that I do not have currently hardware (no PLC), i just want to monitor the performance of my PLC code on scada , and both ( the plc program and the scada program) are on my laptop, so there will be no type of external communication, so do i still need to use the driver ?

I am pretty sure that you will not be able to do this. As far as I am aware, you cannot communicate to S7 PLC SIM through Simatic Net. Therefore Citect will not be able to communicate with your simulated PLC programme.

If you can find an OPC Server or some other software to communicate with PLC SIM, then you will be OK.

You will need some sort of driver / middleware to communicate.

Another option is to create your code in CICODE within Citect and run Citect with Memory or Disk devices (these are internal to citect), you will be able to run Citect for longer because it does not need a licence to use these devices.

Re

Well, I am losing hope :(
I do not have currently the PLC and cant wait till i have it or i will be beyound schedule

I have just found this program (please find it attached), though i still do not know how it works but from the read me i understood that it can work instead of the PLC , do you think it can do the job with citect?

or maybe i can use something like virtual port and work as if it's serial communication between two ports ?

It probably will. Proscada is OPC middleware that works in a similar way to SimaticNET. So could be used in place of SimaticNET. By the looks of the S7Simulator file you attached, it will listen to OPC communication destined for Proscada and respond.