Hostlink DM area over 9999 up till 64K access.

premus

I'm writing a small application to monitor some information gathered by an Omron CJ1M PLC through Hostlink. I implemented a couple of commands in Java and they work OK, the problem is that the DM area is 64K and it seems that through hostlink RD header (DM Area Read) I can only read up till 9999, how can I access the memory area above 9999?

When I use CX-Programmer to monitor the D memory area the next sequence is used to access the memory from 32000 @00FA08000020000000000FC000101827D000000A070*. where the last 00A0 seems to be the length to be read and 7D00 is the hex representation of 32000, unfortunately I could not find any reference about the FA header in any Omron and Hostlink manual.

Any ideas?

Many years ago, when I did some Omron / Hostlink protocol data logging via Quick Basic, I seem to remember that the 4 digit address is indeed hex, so FFFF would be the 64k address. ICBW as I'd have to dig out that old program to verify.

theDave2 said:
Many years ago, when I did some Omron / Hostlink protocol data logging via Quick Basic, I seem to remember that the 4 digit address is indeed hex, so FFFF would be the 64k address. ICBW as I'd have to dig out that old program to verify.
That would make sens and would be nice unfortunately the documentation says that it is decimal, I tried also to address it as hex but doesn't work ("Entry Number Data Error").