Momentary output energize rs 500

tacm

I have a problem with a line of code I am trying. I have an output i need to energize for two seconds and then drop out, although the input that is associated with the output will remain true. I was able to acive this with the code I wrote, however on the next scan the output went high again. I am sure there is a simple way to do this, however everything I have come up with is complcated. I am using RSlogix 500 with a micrologix 1000. Any ideas would be great. I am sorry, I cannot post the code I have written so far as I am not at the office.

Thanx

In RSLogix, double click on the rung number for this rung. The line of mnemonics will pop up. Please cut and paste this line into a post so that we can look at the code.

In my example, no matter how long B10/11 is true, B10/10 will only be energized for 2.5 seconds.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Paul, you are not using a (res) you are relying on the true false rung transision of B10/11 to reset the TON?

rung 1 XIC I:0.0/1 XIO I:0.0/2 TON T4:1 1.0 1 0

rung 2 XIC T4:1/TT OTE O:0.0/0

If XIC I:0.0/1 stays true and XIO I:0.0/2 toggles the timer will reset. yes?

I feel like my avatar today.........my house was broken into last night, and I only got a 1/2 hour of sleep

rung 1 XIC I:0.0/1 XIO I:0.0/2 TON T4:1 1.0 1 0

rung 2 XIC T4:1/TT OTE O:0.0/0

If XIC I:0.0/1 stays true and XIO I:0.0/2 toggles the timer will reset. yes?

Yes -- if EITHER I:0/1 or I:0/2 toggles, the timer will reset.

why not use 2 rungs.
rung 1 input turns on, then a one shot and then a tof timer set for your required time.
rung 2 timer dn bit turns on output

as long as the input stays on, the timer will only work once.

regards,
james