Electronically controlled pressure regulators (pneumatic)

Brandon_K

I have an application where I need a remotely controlled reg, from a PLC. Any suggestions on brands and lines to look at?

Anything with 1/4 - 1/2" porting would work fine, flow isn't critical (it's just filling a bunch of surge tanks and there is plenty of time between fill cycles), 20'ish - 120'ish PSI. I'm open to forms of control, 0-10v, 4-20ma. MODBUS TCP, Ethernet/IP. Productivity PLC platform, so nothing too crazy as far as communication protocols.

Any suggestions?

Well hell. I saw those when I was going through the catalog last night getting PN's for the BOM, but I completely looked over them when I saw "transducer". I guess when I think of transducer it's stuck in my head that it's always physical to electrical, as far as industrial automation goes. Which is sort of funny, as I do a lot of audio work using transducers, which are electrical to physical.

Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at their transducers compared to the ITV's though, I think they're going to have a hard sell on them. $284 for the AD version, which is 100% current driven. The ITV is just a few bucks more at $305, but it gives you set pressure via LED display as well as manual control.

Looking at their transducers compared to the ITV's though, I think they're going to have a hard sell on them. $284 for the AD version, which is 100% current driven. The ITV is just a few bucks more at $305, but it gives you set pressure via LED display as well as manual control.

I actually view it as a benefit that the AD transducers don't have any way to alter their setpoint, other than through their 4-20ma input from the PLC. It keeps the goon squad from trying to "help" by mucking about with settings. To each their own!

SceneryDriver

I actually view it as a benefit that the AD transducers don't have any way to alter their setpoint, other than through their 4-20ma input from the PLC. It keeps the goon squad from trying to "help" by mucking about with settings. To each their own!

SceneryDriver

That is absolutely a fair point and something I thought about. On the flip side, in my industry (themed attractions), a lot of the smaller venues that we deal with do not have any sort of technical person on staff. Manual controls give me the ability to have them via phone support make temporary or testing changes. I could certainly add those functions in to the PLC and HMI, but that's a bit of work for a function that may never get used. I do like the idea at the very least of having the LED display on there.

That is absolutely a fair point and something I thought about. On the flip side, in my industry (themed attractions), a lot of the smaller venues that we deal with do not have any sort of technical person on staff. Manual controls give me the ability to have them via phone support make temporary or testing changes. I could certainly add those functions in to the PLC and HMI, but that's a bit of work for a function that may never get used. I do like the idea at the very least of having the LED display on there.

It's funny that you work in themed attractions; I design and build scenic automation for the Entertainment industry. In my experience, the fewer things you give a board stagehand the ability to tinker with, the better. I can put those settings behind a password-protected screen on an HMI. I usually can't place things behind locked doors :)

-rpoet