Can I transfer data thru the PanelView Plus from one 1400 to another 1400

nosttamluap

Greetings,
I've got three MicroLogix 1400's and one PanelView Plus 1000
1st question - Can I display date on one page from all three 1400's.
2nd question - Can I transfer data thru the PanelView Plus from one 1400 to another 1400.

My PanelView Plus is a 2711PC-T10C4D1

Yes, the PanelView Plus can display data from multiple controllers simultaneously.

All you need to do is create a Shortcut for each controller in the Communication Configuration (RSLinx Enterprise) inside FactoryTalk View Studio, and specify which controller shortcut to use when you define the data connections for each screen object.

No, the MicroLogix 1400 controllers cannot "bridge through" the PanelView terminal, and FactoryTalk View ME does not have a good "data mirror" feature.

If you need to read or write data from one controller to another, the ordinary Message (MSG) instruction is the standard mechanism.

Hi

I see the part number has a c which I think stands for compact and if so this can only connect to one plc. You could set up a message from the two plcs to the one plc that is connected to the HMi and then you could display information from all three plcs. Even if it was not a compact I think this is the way you would have to pass data as I don't think( as always I am open to correction) you could pass it through the HMi

Donnchadh

I missed that ! I assumed the part number was a typo, as I've never used the limited-connection version.

Donnchadh is exactly right: the "Compact" model can only have one RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut or KepServer node, so it can talk to only one controller.

That is some great information

That is some great information.

That explains why the tech that installed the machine couldn't get them all on the same screen.

I've been told that If I use a Red Lion G310 it can display all 1400's and pass data from one to the other.

Yep, the G310 will connect to all three and pass data for you also. It can also pass data to additional devices using a different protocol if needed. Plus the software's free.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but a couple of more questions. I have only used crimson 2 in the past, so I am guessing I need Crimson 3 to connect to more processors. How do I tell if My G310's can be programmed with Crimson 3? I know that the older ones will only work with Crimson 2.

Thanks

I just want to add that both ESA and Beijer HMI's have pass-through, or bridging, functions. Any connected controller to any other connected controller. You can also scale before passing the information on.