Yokogawa CENTUM

ltfordnr

Hi all,
Well, its time for an old dog to learn a new trick.
I need to edumacate myself on the CENTUM software suite. There is very limited information on this posted on the website.
Is the CENTUM development software scaled like Allen Bradley software?
Is the windows based HMI runtime software teh same as the development software?
Is the same software package that is used for the processor one and the same for the HMI?
If I develop an HMI do I need to purchase a runtime license to run on the HMI?

I suppose this could go on and on but really if someone knows where I can go to get CENTUM software part numbers and descriptions I could muddle through it.

Much thanks and ill just drink my beer now instead of stressing 🍺

Need advice also

Hello,

I am also asking how to learn about Yokogawa control systems. I am going to be starting a new job where they use Yokogawa controls and I am only familiar with Allen Bradley/Rockwell. How can I come up to speed quickly? I have been on Yokogawa's website and this website but a bit lost. Thank you for any direction.

Hello,

I am also asking how to learn about Yokogawa control systems. I am going to be starting a new job where they use Yokogawa controls and I am only familiar with Allen Bradley/Rockwell. How can I come up to speed quickly? I have been on Yokogawa's website and this website but a bit lost. Thank you for any direction.
Hello,
I'm a cs3000 R3 programmer and I may help you as there's not much web information. Basically its a distributed control system with individual field control stations (FSC) commonly linked by a 1Gb/s dual network called Vnet/IP on bus 1 and bus 2. On top of this is a HIS network just PC's or HMI's with multiple Yokogawa CS3000 programs).
Generally the programmer would be viewing the plant setup using the program "System View" to identify the field hardware, software similar to ladder logic like Rockwell software and communication information using the "System Status View" ( A matrix colored dots of HIS and FCS send and receive status)is the one for fault finding the network etc.
Usually only one HIS is the engineering station with System View to not only edit the "Function Block" for each FCS like ladder logic but also a graphic editor like Citect to create the interactive graphics for the plant PC/HMI operators.
The "Message" menu like the "Function Block" menu just explained in brief, is used to create the alarm tags. The "I/O" menu is where the digital I/O,and analog I/O tags reside. "WW Comm" blocks is a more advance area for setting up the network for communicating to MODBUS-RTU, MODBUS-IP, OPC, serial RS232, etc.equipment like T60 transformer protection relays, Mark VI, and PLC's etc.
This is just the beginning so I hope this helps.

Thank you. It sounds like there may not be free trial software for this? I am going to do more web searches but I appreciate your detailed explanation on Yokogawa.