AB CompactLogix L43/ Kinetix 6000 servo

Christoph

Hello All
I have a machine built in 2013 but never commissioned.
I have it almost complete. It has 2 Kinetix 6000's with a CompactLogix L43
with a SERCOS module for drive comms. My issue is after axis 2 is homed
there will be times I want it to re home The only way I have found to re home
is to either reset the module with my laptop or cycle power. I want to be able to just press the home button on the HMI. Is this possible??

Please define what you mean by 're home'.
Do you want to repeat the homing routine? If so, why do you think you need to?
Do you simply want to move the axis to the home position? If so, a simple move to that position should suffice.
Do you want to declare a different position as 'home'?

This axis runs a cam routine on a traverse on a winder for a spooling operation.
from time to time the operator will want to send it back home.
I just want to move it back to the same home position which is
defined by the home prox switch which is wired directly to the drive.

You should check the logic in the PLC to see why it isn't responding to the command from the HMI button. You should not have to perform a homing routine, but you may need to add a button and a rung of logic triggered by the button to command a simple MAM move to the position.

Once the axis has completed a Home function it will not do another until
it has been released. By a fault a power cycle or a module reset. I have found no other way to release. Ya re issuing the home command don't get it! but that is what I want to
achieve. I may have to try the MAM.

Once you have defined the home position, and it has moved away from the home position just generate a move to go back to the home position, don't use the home command as others have said once the servo is homed the servo now knows where the home position is, just do a move to the home position value.