Has anyone used the Wago CC100 ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I've been getting some advertising related to the attractively packaged Wago Compact Controller, model CC100, lately.

As far as I can tell it's a small packaged version similar to a 750-series controller, running CodDeSys 3.5 with some onboard I/O. It might be similar to how CompactLogix L16 has "local" I/O that is really just POINT I/O modules in a fixed assembly.

Instead of offering "e!****PIT" for programming, Wago is providing a Device Support Package that you can install into a stock CoDeSys 3.5.16 (or so) development environment. The actual part number that shows when you create a new project is "0751-9301 WAGO Compact Controller 100".

I can't figure out pricing or actual availability: Wago tells me to call my distributor, but none of the distributors in my area that carry Wago product actually admit to carrying Wago PLC hardware.

I even saw a YouTube video from Kurt Braun, Wago's excellent Internet marketing engineer, showing how to disable the CoDeSys runtime and use the controller with Node-Red instead.

Has anyone else on the Forum taken a close look at these little controllers ?

I have just started looking at the CC100 as a possible replacement for Micrologix PLCs.

They look more than capable and has onboard OPCUA comms which is what i am looking for in a new small controller.

I have ~50 units currently commissioned and in use. They work well, and are currently available. Only problems I have had has been with the LED indication lights in the front that suddenly stop working and then come back.