Sharing power for outputs

>:D

Hi,

I recently acquired a micro830 48qwb, and it has relay outputs bult in. For outputs 0-6, they all use 24vdc. To save on space and terminal blocks, could I just jumper the 24vdc between each output relay? I'm putting the loads on the "com" side of the relay output, before going to neutral, if that makes sense.

Also, I want to jumper my input commons together, as they're also all 24vdc. I assume there's no problems with that?

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently acquired a micro830 48qwb, and it has relay outputs bult in. For outputs 0-6, they all use 24vdc. To save on space and terminal blocks, could I just jumper the 24vdc between each output relay? I'm putting the loads on the "com" side of the relay output, before going to neutral, if that makes sense.

Also, I want to jumper my input commons together, as they're also all 24vdc. I assume there's no problems with that?

Thanks.

The 24VDC outputs are transistor outputs, the rest of the outputs are relay.

The transistor outputs will not work in negative polarity wiring - putting the power on the output terminal and trying to get the signal on the COM terminal. Also, there will be a little leakage current and wiring 6 together might be enough to trigger the output device, even if pulsing repeatedly.

I would wire the 6 outputs to interposing relays and do what you want to do with those relays.