Keyence CV-X Vision System to Micro 850

gedds1993

So I struggled with getting Ethernet/IP coms between these two devices for a hot minute. To communicate to the Keyence controller you have to use CIP Generic messaging. Long story short, hex from Keyence had to be converted to decimal (so that the UINT, USINT, and UDINT data types needed for the instruction in CCW would work) and you have to make sure to set the dimension of the data set to the specific byte size requested or sent as well as make sure the size of the data matches the data being sent/received. Some of you, I’m sure, would have figured this out in no time, but for people like me I will be making a video tutorial with example code. Expect the video soon. If you need help otherwise please feel free to post questions here and I’ll answer the best I can.

~gedds