S31 Bus Reg Failure Kinetix 5500

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All. I have an alarm on a Kinetix 5500 servo amp that I am not sure if it means the drive is done or what. I looked at the alarm code in the AB literature and my search found 1 instance and it tells me exactly what the display shows and what the alarm is saying online with the processor. Since I don't have a spare drive, I am unable to troubleshoot that way. If more info is needed, I will provide. Thank you

I should also add, this is an existing system that has been running for a couple of years and this is a new problem. Thank you

Bus regulation is what the drive does to try and maintain dc bus voltage at a given level, perhaps if slowing down and if the load has inertia and creates voltage by acting like a generator instead of a motor. The bus regulator setting could be the cause try changing that, remembering any parameters as before any changes.