Make of plc

This chinese maschine, does it have full documentation with safety instructions, an EU Declaration of Conformity, are all parts CE-marked, is there a nameplate on the machine with the CE-mark and the identifying information (*) ?
Also, the importer of the machine must be informed somewhere in the documentation (**).
If not, you cannot operate it in your country. It would be illegal.

*: Or UKCA declaration of Conformity, and UKCA mark as it is being called in the UK now.
**: Who 'brought it into trade in the EU'.

no i/o on hmi so not extension, tried samkoon software no joy,hmi configured for modbus coms so no help

can't remove it to look at the back side?

if you can't get any numbers off of it.. you might be SOL.

pictures of the HMI or any other indicators of branding?

Inputs X, Outputs Y, numbered in octal, same number of inputs and outputs.

It seems that it is one more clone of Mitsubishi FX.

Connect GXDeveloper to the serial port to confirm it.

plc

connectors on samkoon hmi/plc look the same so I'll have another go with their software.Cant't find anything that looks like it on Samkoon website.

connectors on samkoon hmi/plc look the same so I'll have another go with their software.Cant't find anything that looks like it on Samkoon website.

Who is the maker of the machine? maybe they have them private labeled (no label) for them

Who is the maker of the machine? maybe they have them private labeled (no label) for them

from what i've seen, if the metal case is removed and he looks at the circuit board, he should see a number printed on the board that would indicate which type of clone it is.

Not always, I know two people that made their own PLC's one is out of Germany and the other is a member here out of Texas and neither had any writing and they used their software

But I agree if its a Mitsubishi most of the time they have the full part number that they are cloning and yes they are a straight RS232, may also want to try a crossover

It still could be a FX clone, many of them will not auto negotiate the GX range of IDE's default to what ever is the faster speed for the model, however, FX range when powered up defaults to 9600, GX works & Dev both start at that to set the port of the FX to the rate set in the communications settings, for FX3 it defaults to 115kb so in essence it forces the PLC to the baud rate in the IDE.
Most clones will only work at 19200, also the PLC Parameters are fixed so cannot be downloaded to the PLC.
Found out about how the FX works as I had a link from a PC with bespoke logging software I developed, I wanted at least 19200 Baud & it worked a treat, but every time it was powered down it defaulted to 9600, go on-line with GX & it was back up, Beijers HMI's used to auto negotiate but found some HMI's would only work as above so always default to 9600.
There was no way to set the proramming port to the higher Baud rate that I found, I tried monitoring the coms but I could see GX tried at 9600 but never got round to finding the codes to get it to change.
So i think it is worthwhile trying all baud rates manually just in case it is a clone.
I first came across some clones a few years ago, one was just like the FX2/3 the others were similar to your picture, however, one was open top i.e. just like the case top had been removed. That is how I found out that 19200 was a default baud rate.

Many FX clones do not have any part numbers, very cheap, claimed to be an FX3 but is actually an FX2N clone, certain functions do not work, no auto negotiation of Baud rate, uses the old WR3/RD3 access to the analogues. Yes I have also come across a number of what I call home brews, most are developed by the company that produce the machines, I have come across Danish, german & Italian ones.

Last edited:
That's true, in octal there will be no 28/29 maybe it's a misprint on the casing i.e. a clone there seems to be no Y0 either