5069-IF8 FieldPowerOff = 1

phuz

Got a trouble call with a 5069-IF8 module that has all the channels flashing red. Upon logging in, I see that each channel is faulted with the FieldPowerOff bit set to 1. I had them verify the SA power is good, which it is, and another 5069-IF8 module 2 slots down is functioning fine, so SA power appears to be good.

Module appears to be healthy otherwise. I haven't seen this type of failure before.

It certainly sounds as though the module is bad.

Can you remove the module and check for anything obvious like bent pens, etc? There may be internal fusing on the module that is opened, you may be able to open the case to find and replace it.

Got a trouble call with a 5069-IF8 module that has all the channels flashing red. Upon logging in, I see that each channel is faulted with the FieldPowerOff bit set to 1. I had them verify the SA power is good, which it is, and another 5069-IF8 module 2 slots down is functioning fine, so SA power appears to be good.

Module appears to be healthy otherwise. I haven't seen this type of failure before.

Phuz - did you ever find anything on this? I'm having the same problem. o_O

Were you able to find someone to repair the IF8? Also, would you update if you found anything? just curious if you had an I/O fault when this happen as well.

Were you able to find someone to repair the IF8? Also, would you update if you found anything? just curious if you had an I/O fault when this happen as well.

No I/O Faults.
As far as I know the customer never sent the module back for repair (no idea why)