Using GSV-Wall Clock to transfer data

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Would anyone have sample code that uses a wall clock to move the CTU.ACC to a another variable in the PLC after 24-hours has elapsed? I need it to move this data at 06:00 every day, overwriting what was in that register each time, from the day before.

Can't say I've used it for that exact purpose, but grabbing the time is easy enough:

attachment.php

GLxTime is a user-created DINT[7] Array. Following the GSV:
[0] = year
[1] = month
[2] = day
[3] = hour
[4] = minute
[5] = second
[6] = microsecond

For your purposes just add a rung that uses EQU to check [3] is 6 and [4] and [5] are 0 with a oneshot to move your data.
The GSV can run unconditionally.

Note that this will not catch if the machine is off or not in run mode.

EDIT: Also make sure your clock is set correctly, had a minor issue recently where a new machine didn't have the correct timezone so it was a few hours off.

Example.png

Last edited: