PanelView 1000 Program Recovery

phuz

I've got an old PanelView 1000 here where I've been asked to recover the program because nobody has a copy of it.
I was led to believe that just the screen was dead, but I am unable to communicate via RS-232 nor ethernet (I don't know the IP, but attempted to force one via BootP). Fault light is solid red, and there's a high-pitched noise coming from it. Any tips or tricks to recover this?

Last edited:
What is the exact model number?
Chances are it's toast but there may be options.

It's a 2711-T10C20. I tried something that I thought would have a 5% chance of actually having an effect: Removed the black plastic cover, disconnected the two ribbon cables and the black pinned connector, and turned power back on. This time, the FAULT light stayed off, and the COMM light was blinking. I was able to find the IP from a port-scanner, and upload the program. Downloaded it to the new terminal, and all is well. I think they got lucky on this one because I was getting close to thinking this was going to be a full re-write.

It's a 2711-T10C20. I tried something that I thought would have a 5% chance of actually having an effect: Removed the black plastic cover, disconnected the two ribbon cables and the black pinned connector, and turned power back on. This time, the FAULT light stayed off, and the COMM light was blinking. I was able to find the IP from a port-scanner, and upload the program. Downloaded it to the new terminal, and all is well. I think they got lucky on this one because I was getting close to thinking this was going to be a full re-write.

Good work. I was going to suggest disconnecting the screen from the internal logic module but you already beat me to it. Those old PV's are a hoot to work with. I keep a Compact Flash card on me just for such the occasion.