Logix Emulate V30 -> V32

Oliver Micka

Hi, i have a problem with upgrading Logix 5000 emulator from V30 to V32.
When i open "Setup" i have a only one choice "customize" where i have list of products, at the Studio 5000 Emulate V32.00 i have yellow triangle with exclamation point where is write: Unable to upgrade Logix 5000 Emulate.. and nothing else. ( see pic )

PC: Win 10 - 64bit

Before a several hours back, i installed the Logix Emulate V30 and i didint had any problem with installation.

I have a "RsLogix 5000 Emulate" from V20 to V30 and i need V32.

LogixEmulateIssue.PNG

Last edited:
Rockwell's Tech Note on this is a little unclear as to the cause. At first it indicates this is an issue on 32-bit systems. You stated you are using 64-bit, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Then they also say, if the user already has v20, v24, v28, or v30 or higher installed, the error will also appear when trying to install v30 or higher. So this would appear to be the case for you.

As sigmadelta also suggests, they say to uninstall v30 then reboot the computer. Then following the reboot, install the new version.

OG