factory talk alarm status list

Howdy Everyone,
So today i was working on changing an HMI with factory talk to remove some sensors. I took the chance to add a feature I found on another HMI, pretty much it allows you to type in the fault text in the PLC, and if you get a trigger from the plc, the HMI displays what is written into the Fault text in the PLC. I copied it exactly from the other HMI/PLC program. When I did a test application of the HMI program it worked correctly. I was even able to toggle the alarm bit off, change the text and then toggle it back on and it would work. But when i downloaded it into the program the message is wording like below. Any ideas why it works in the test but not the hmi. Was version 8.2 is what the MER file was created as. thank you.

/*S:0 {[PLC]PLC_FAULT_CALL.FLT.TEXT[0]}*/

Does it look like that even after toggling it?

It's been a while, but from memory it will look like that until the alarm first triggers. Each time you reboot it will look like that.

Welcome to FactoryTrash. :)

Howdy thanks for the reply, yeah we tried toggling the bit several times we also tried another bit in the program that is in the same way, there are 320 alarms possible the way it is, and it shows the correct one, just doesn't display it, and we downloaded a few times

Not sure, there is a setting for the embedded variable server, I don't have software so not sure the exact name, perhaps playing with that will help. It's in the alarm setup section.

Howdy so i cant seem to find anyting about the embedded variable server you describe, really the only thing i can find on there, is when i right click on the message of the alarm it pops up as edit string, and can insert a variable, but it seems to pop back up the same way.

Another not we also tried downloading the same Mer file into factorytalk view me station as out on the floor (with the communications set up to wireless) and the alarms pop up as they should, just not on the hmi out on the floor. NOt sure if that helps anyone see a difference or not. thank you.

One more thing that I just noticed, The hmi i took the program/logic from is a panelview plus 1000, where as the one i am having issues with is a panel view plus. Is it possible this is the issue? thank you.

Thank you for the reply, so the picture you attached. are you talking about playing with the embedded server update rate, possibly lowering that as much as possible, hopefully it isn't because it is a different type of monitor.

are you talking about playing with the embedded server update rate

Yes, the school of thought is lowering this so it runs and updates first.

Typically the issue you described only happens once, after the initial alarm trigger the message will work. It sounds like yours never works, so not sure the issue there. Could be a firmware issue?

Thank you for all the help. I ended up reaching out to rockwell,, and they gave me a patch for a bunch of updates. That didn't help, then they said it is a known issue with pvp7 version 8 thru 9 and to update it to 10. Once I did the update it worked perfect, didn't even have to.change the mer file. Just the version on the pvp7. On a pvp1000 8.2 worked fine. So just the 7 I guess.