Redlion IsDeviceOnline()

moistcat

Redlion DSPSX001
Crimson 3.0

Im polling 3 modbus devices via RS232 serial plugged into redlion, and I want to create SCADA alarm upon communications fault. SCADA Polls the redlion via modbus TCP

From the gateway, i have assigned a tags to the function IsDeviceOnline(2), where 2,3,4 etc is the device index.

I then read these tags are then mapped to modbus registers read from SCADA.

When i unplug the device '2', the tag FF1BEKA001 stays true but pulses to false every 1s approx (for less then 250ms).

Does anyone have a better way of achieving what i'm after?

vmplayer_N6N3vj5Qzg.png vmplayer_LW363EK0rI.png

Not much help, but you seem to have done everything right, following this RedLion tech note:
https://support.redlion.net/hc/en-us/articles/7781952535693-Crimson-3-x-Detect-Comms-status-
What does the tag do if not mapped to Modbus registers? I always start simple and then add complexity if the simple stuff works.
edit: Thinking about it, can't you set the poll rate for a Modbus device. If you poll it quicker than it can respond then you would get bad connections, followed by a good connection, cyclically.

Last edited:
I was wandering if GETDEVICESTATUS() might tell you more about what is going on with the device at least to help trouble shoot it. Just a thought?