Some confusion with Factorytalk View Tags

Hello,
My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. I have done a fair amount of work in Factorytalk View machine edition, and I am having to edit someone elses program currently.

I am used to seeing connection tags in a format such as this..

{(PLC)jogspeed}

but in this program I am finding stuff like

{#1.jogspeed}
{#6.pump_speed}

I am not sure what these # are representing?

I was thinking that maybe they reference local tags to a routine, but the numbers don't seem to match up to that.

Thank you in advance for anyone who could offer me some assistance to this!

They represent parameters from either a parameter file or passed to the display via /T in the display command.

Those are referencing a Parameter File or Parameter List, typically used with Global Objects. If you scroll down in the Explorer on the left side of the screen, there should be a section you can expand called Parameters. In there should be a list of files, probably with component names, and when you open them they should open like a text file that looks something like this:

!============ Parameter File Created 2021/11/15 ============
! Parameter files are used with graphic displays to specify the tags a display
! uses at run time. You assign parameter files in certain application components
! and object properties dialog boxes. Please see the Help for details.
! Syntax:
! #replacement=tagname
! Example:
! #23=A_COLOR
! #23 in any expression in a graphic would be replaced by the tag A_COLOR.
!================================================
#4={[SD]oit_real[27]}
#10={[SD]oit_real[23]}
#21={[SD]oit_int[50]}
#5={[SD]oit_bool[85]}
#11={[SD]oit_real[24]}
#22={[SD]oit_int[52]}
#6={[SD]oit_real[25]}
#12={Air_Flow_Description}
#7={air_mass_units}
#13={[SD]oit_bool[83]}
#8={[SD]oit_bool[86]}
#14={[SD]oit_real[26]}
#9={[SD]oit_real[22]}
#15={[SD]oit_real[26]}

So here is where you assign PLC tags to the numbers, and then you can reuse the same single screen (like a PID or VFD control faceplate) and just have the PV always assigned to #1, SP to #2, etc. You would then make a button that calls that global object (PID-52 for example), and link it to the parameter file or list for PID-52.