From TIA to Twincat

Varri

Hi!

Im looking at converting a machine program from Siemens TIA to Beckhoff Twincat. Most of it is SCL so its not a problem to convert the code.

On the Siemens part the program consists of FB`s and UDT`s for most things. Its a bit of work to convert this to codesys as i have to create a DUT for a stuct inside a DUT.

How can i most effectivly assign "start values" for a variable in a DUT, in the GVL?
Say i create a motor of type "motor", and i want the fallback to be these values:

Motor: motor := (spSpeed := 99,
speedLimitLow := 15,
speedLimitHigh := 85,
currentLimit := 25);

Next time im working on the machine, setpoints, limit values and scalings have changed from the HMI. Im TIA portal i could set the online values as start values, how can i do this in the Twincat?

Next time im working on the machine, setpoints, limit values and scalings have changed from the HMI. Im TIA portal i could set the online values as start values, how can i do this in the Twincat?
So what you are asking for is not how to declare start values, but how to take a snapshot of the actual values and import these into the PLC program as start values.

(I dont know Twincat, just wanted to clarify the question)

You can create a DUT of type STRUCT and set all initial startup values there.
Code:
TYPE MotorStruct :
STRUCT
    spSpeed              :DINT:=99;
    speedLimitLow        :DINT:=15;
    speedLimitHigh       :DINT:=85;
    currentLimit         :DINT:=25;
END_STRUCT
END_TYPE

Is that what you're looking to do?

Im TIA portal i could set the online values as start values, how can i do this in the Twincat?
Is there a way to copy the online actual values to the offline start values ?
I think he is referring to the TIA functions 'snapshot' and subsequental 'copy snapshot to start values'.

So what you are asking for is not how to declare start values, but how to take a snapshot of the actual values and import these into the PLC program as start values.

(I dont know Twincat, just wanted to clarify the question)

Perhaps with a recipe