Maintain Multiple Wonderware Stations

AMarks95

Working for an SI. Most clients are Factory Talk ME or SE. Not done much with Wonderware. I've been tasked with adding/updating the overview system with a new sub-system.

I've dealt with duplicate SE stations and copying gfx, par, etc. files between the stations. Not sure how to best go about maintaining multiple Wonderware stations.

Any tips/suggestions?

The answer really depends on the extent of your use case.

Wonderware has a 'NAD' (Network Application Development) feature that can monitor a central storage location on a server and automatically detect and pull changes. You can fire up a standalone Intouch node, enable NAD, and point it at your project files on the server.

If you need more (e.g. centralized user management / symbol development, etc), consider managed application development using an ArchestrA galaxy.

Last edited:
The answer really depends on the extent of your use case.

Wonderware has a 'NAD' (Network Application Development) feature that can monitor a central storage location on a server and automatically detect and pull changes. You can fire up a standalone Intouch node, enable NAD, and point it at your project files on the server.

If you need more (e.g. centralized user management / symbol development, etc), consider managed application development using an ArchestrA galaxy.

Agreed. When using a Galaxy you install basic bootstrap on the HMI node and can deploy the HMI app from your dev node with a few clicks.

Make sure you know the tag count and the license limitation.
what is the license good for and i would count the tag additions before you start. Make a back up copy and put it in a safe place for insurance.
james