Make of plc

Never seen it before but suspect it is a clone of the Mitsubishi FX series there are many versions of them, main differences are limited functionality, 232 rather than 422/485 port.

The LEDs all look they show the status of the X (Inputs?) and Y (Outputs?) with nothing to show whether or not a program is running. That suggests the unit is just an I/O device as others have already pointed out. Follow the cable at the lower right. Most likely it leads to the CPU.

The LEDs all look they show the status of the X (Inputs?) and Y (Outputs?) with nothing to show whether or not a program is running. That suggests the unit is just an I/O device as others have already pointed out. Follow the cable at the lower right. Most likely it leads to the CPU.

the x and y are seemingly random.... 0-7 10-17, 20-27... but not in order.

30-32.... oops, because we skipped X8,x9, x18,x19, x28,x29 for some reason.... lol

and then they even skipped Y22 for no discernible reason at all... just one random "output" not listed or used, and out of order...

this screams copycat backline 4th shift overnight line running OPS in china.

I am betting that the HMI an integrated PLC/HMI, and the part shown in post #1 is an expansion for this PLC/HMI combo.
Search for Samkoon PLC you will find some images of devices that look similar if not identical.

This is the rear of a Samkoon PLC/HMI
Samkoon-4-3-inch-HMI-PLC-All-in-one-Integrated-controller-HMI-Touch-Screen-Panel-8DI.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Notice the lettering of the terminals are in the same style.

a lot of the samkoon and aliexpress fakes use FX part numbers from real mitsubishi PLCs too. so if you see anything on this that says FX, then I think they're on to something with the samkoon software.

plc

no i/o on hmi so not extension, tried samkoon software no joy,hmi configured for modbus coms so no help