Rockwell PanelView Plus Numeric Keypad scaling

JJH

Greetings!

I am using a PvP 7 4" screen which is sized at 480X272 pixels. The numeric keypad (and especially the alphanumeric keypad) are pretty small in trying to press the buttons for values.

Does anyone know of a way to scale these keypads to a more user-friendly size?

I wasn't aware you could do that? They're the default Numeric Input and String Input keypads associated with those objects. If you have a trick for that, please let me know!

I'm still new to this field so I'm just throwing suggestions out there. Can those objects be ungrouped and then the individual keypad images resized?

I'm not sure. The keypad objects are native to the HMI application so they're likely embedded deep within places I cannot reach! I was hoping someone had come across this in the past and be able to share some advice.

I did get in touch with Rockwell and according to their response, the native keypads are not scalable, they simply follow the pixel format of the selected screen. This is not surprising, coming from them, but a bummer nonetheless!

I could technically create my own keypad but that would be a little time consuming and even if I did, or found something on the Sample Code Library, I'd have to re-point all of my data tags to the entry of the created keypad, as they're all pointing to the native keypad entries at the moment.

Oi!